Alger Heights Christmas Tree Disposal Tips
January 3, 2014
We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and we look forward to keeping you up to date on Alger Heights neighborhood events, news and happenings throughout 2014.
To get the new year off to a great start and help you clean up those holiday decorations, we’ve put together some tips on making the clean up process easier.
Not sure what to do with your Christmas Tree? Below are the hours and the locations of Christmas tree disposal places where you can recycle your tree this year:
- Riverside Park (north entrance), 2001 Monroe Ave NE
- Jaycee McKay Family Park, 2531 Kalamazoo Ave SE
- Lincoln Park, 398 Garfield Ave NW
- Huff Park, 2286 Ball Ave NE
Helpful tip for next year’s clean up as you are removing the tree.
- Place a large plastic bag such as this one underneath your tree skirt so all you have to is lift it over the tree and take it out the door. This way you avoid having to clean up all the messy needles being strung across your home.
- If you weren’t able to get the bag this year here is another great tip for removing all those sticky needles from your carpeting. Simply grab your Swiffer, add Duct tape to the bottom with the sticky side out and dab away. Gets the job done much more effectively than your run-of-the-mill vacuum – and works great for picking up all of the New Year’s Eve confetti, too!
Here’s wishing you the best in the coming year, Alger Heights!
For more information about the Alger Heights neighborhood, please contact Jamie Krier of Steve Volkers Group Real Estate Firm at (616) 439-4532 or [email protected]